Doc got another shirt for Xmas (whether he likes it or not). Yes, I made us kind-of matching shirts. Yes, I kept saying, “Merry Christmoose!” in my head when I was sewing:
- McCalls 6044 pattern, as always, with flat-felled seams, one-piece sleeves, and tower sleeve plackets (following this tutorial).
- Kaufman Shetland Flannel in navy, which has a nice heathery tweed look and is a little more drapey than their Mammoth Plaid.
- Contrast facings in MOOSE PRINT quilting cotton.
- Elbow patches in (hopefully oh god fingers crossed forgot to test it before I sewed it on) washable ultrasuede.
- Smiles from Doc on Christmoose: Worth it.