After our plans shifted from a camping weekend to a resort weekend, I got a wild idea to make a new swimsuit for it. I looked around in my stash and saw that I still had half a yard of some poly knit I’d ordered 18 months ago for some first test pairs of undies (before I switched to cotton). The fabric won’t hold up to heavy chlorine exposure but the print was perfect for the desert:
I downloaded the pattern Monday night, assembled it, and cut out the main fabric and the lining. Tuesday night I sewed the bottoms and Wednesday night I did the top. (I was able to finish early on Wednesday because Doc offered to take my car over for a trip check “so I could keep sewing.” <3)
I had everything else I needed in the stash: some soft cups saved from a sports bra, nude tricot lining, elastic, and a stretch needle [this was a great tip and this collection of tips was very helpful too]. I used the Megan Nielsen Cottesloe Swimsuit for the pattern and love the fit–very comfortable and that high rise bottom/long line top is pretty trendy:
I loved this whole project–the focus of getting it done, the fabric, the fun I had while wearing it. I think every vacation needs a new bikini now!