Since September’s been unseasonably warm (this week it’s “only” 75, after being 90 for most of the month) I was able to get the eighth project on my Make Nine list finished while I can still wear it.
This is the StyleArc Blaire shirt, which I made last year in oxford. This has the same mods (one piece front, no overlay) and I figured out that I needed to hem it BEFORE I sewed the side seams and apply a decorative triangle to finish the edges, like so:
I don’t look very thrilled in the modeled shot (it was the end of the day) but I’m really, really happy with how this turned out. The shirting fabric was beautiful to work with and that square shape gives off strong art teacher vibes. I had a coworker ask me if it was a Madewell shirt, so I definitely got the look I was going for.
Love the diagonal stripe on the sleeves!