This wasn’t entirely a present, since my brother bought the fabric a year ago, but I guess I gave him the gift of finally sewing it up. It’s quilting cotton, so it’s a little rough, but the print is pretty great. (And seasonal!)

Here’s a closeup, along with the snazzy black pearl snaps from SnapSource:
(It’s not my most perfect pattern matching but it’s pretty good.)

This is Simplicity 3852 again, really straightforward and fast to sew up. I have a new interfacing hack, which I used here: take non-fusible intergfacing or just regular muslin and spray baste it to the fabric with Odif 505 (discovered thanks to lingerie sewing blogs). It works wonderfully and I will never fuse with an iron again, only to have it fail in the first wash.