I put on headphones and Beethoven piano concertos and spent about three hours Sunday machine quilting this (small!) throw:

I’m proud of how the diagonal lines are exactly lined up with the corners of the blocks on the front, even though I was pressing each block with steam and I only read later that that can distort the grain.

In the week or two it took to piece the top, the bottom sheet from a Target set ripped out at the corners when I was making the bed–so I made it the backing for this. It still feels weird to cut up brand-new fabric to sew into a quilt, but at least I could recycle a little.

Toby has already claimed this so if I can get it back from him, I just have to do the binding (by machine, I think, but we’ll see).