I decided to revisit the cotton knitted bag pattern that turned out too small to hold anything except a tomato, and the result is I overcompensated, ran out of yarn, used up some odds and ends to finish, and ended up with a bag that’s big enough for a watermelon and looks like a sock monkey*:

The bag stretches a lot; it could probably hold TWO watermelons. But it’s useful and it’s finished. I’m so tired of knitting with cotton, though–it’s time to break out wool and start planning fall projects.

*Monsieur Le Singe, Guiseppi Tomasi, was something I made in high school. Because I was cool like that in high school.