We’re getting a tree delivered today and for some reason, it feels like a Really Big Deal. I know my stress level is currently Very High so I’m extra-worried about everything, but seriously–is this how soon-to-be parents feel? Because I think a lot of the anxiety is the same:
- I’ve never had a tree before! How do you even take care of one?
- I won’t kill it, right?
- I can’t kill something this big.
- Holy shit, trees are expensive!
- What do trees even like?
- Is it going to get big and out of control?
- Will it be happy here?
- Is it going to arrive on time?
- Will it get hurt during delivery?
- Is the hole going to be big enough? (heheheh)
- Seriously, what if I kill it?!
- God, this sounds really hard. Should I even get a tree?
- But I can’t return it! It’s on the way!
There’s a lot of overlap between trees and children, is all I’m saying. But I’m sure it will work out fine. Maybe I’ll share some “baby” pictures tomorrow.