I referred to the fact that I’m now working two jobs for the rest of the year on Monday, because the laptop repair came close to bankrupting me after all and this is The Year I Gave Up Credit Cards And Roommates (And, By Extension, Ghetto Apartments, Leading To More Rent But My Kitchen Now Is Worth It).
Today is a two-job day and I woke up and said, “I really don’t want to do this.” But then I had to think, “It’s not the easy way to work two jobs and not go (further) into debt, but it’s THE COWBOY WAY. So cowboy up.”
To help with the day, here’s Gene Autry’s Cowboy Code, similar to the Roy Roger’s code I posted about a year ago and can’t find. Check out number 7.
1. The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.
2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.
3. He must always tell the truth.
4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.
5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
6. He must help people in distress.
7. He must be a good worker.
8. He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits.
9. He must respect women, parents, and his nation’s laws.
10. The Cowboy is a patriot.
(I’m choosing to interpret number 10 as the bumper stickers that say Think: it’s patriotic!)
“We got both kinds of music–country AND western!”
Rawhide in A. Good country key.
Storm Blowin in…
Got five hundred head to move…
Better get movin….