1. The stand collar on the jacket I’m making is SO dramatic that it comes up past my ears. (I’d take a picture but being on vacation means not having to really do my hair for a few days. Scary.) I’ll be taking it off and cutting it down a little today, and hopefully finishing.
2. Corn mazes: Pro or con? The last time I went to one, I was in high school and had a desperate crush on one of the boys in the group, which made it fun (in a desperate high-school way). Would it be fun again? Or would I just feel old?
3. I have very carefully avoided offending my secret blog pal Dave Buhler since last Friday, but Dave, I’m sorry, I can’t keep this to myself any longer–the font Love Communications used on your billboards makes me want to throw up.
4. Grayson, Primo, and Mimi (left to right):I swear they smile. Look at Primo.
Forgive the after hours intrusion but something has come up that I strongly feel must be shared. It’s unrelated to the topics discussed earlier, but Friday is carte blanche for Unrelated Information, after all. And I wouldn’t have felt such a strong need to share if we hadn’t discussed similar matters some weeks ago.
Anyway, onto the matter at hand: Another of my most favoritest movie moments is airing RIGHT NOW on KBYU channel 11- the infamous Havana Nightclub scene in Guys and Dolls. Jean Simmons (hubba hubba hubba!) become ‘slightly unbuttoned’ after imbibing a few too many dulce de leches with Marlon Brando. ¡Aye Carumba!
‘Tocks! Labradoodles! Comments! W00t!
Regular old long-winded Anonymous here. From now on my codename will be ‘Contrapuntal’
1. Your description of the collar on your jacket brings to mind a Dracula cape.
2. I don’t get corn mazes either. Never been to one and always thought them a bit whitebread (or whitebred for that matter- either way you spell it, it’s pretty much the same meaning). Of course, they didn’t even appear until I was out of high school and by then I was going to ‘adult’ Halloween parties with alcohol, drugs, college women masquerading as naughty nurses, and other tantalizing goodies. Having said that, I think a corn maze could be a lot of fun as an adult if A) one went with the right group of people, and B) the group had a few drinks beforehand.
3. Agree, Dave’s font is childish and not entirely appropriate for a politician that wants to be taken seriously.
4. They’re smiling because they have furry ‘tocks. Can you blame them?
I am the DOER!
And no font says “DO” better than Love Communications!
Hello Better Living. Newcomer here. I enjoy reading your stuff.
I’m jumping in for the first time for 2 reasons:
1) corn mazes–I don’t get them. I may be averse to them because of what I’ve thought as claustrophobia–though it may simply be a control issue… Whatever the reason, DON’T DO IT!
2) I have to stick up for labradoodles. 1) they are hypo-allergenic, 2) they are very smart and sweet, 3) they can make an excellent bird dog (despite their bad rap, poodles were bred to be waterfowl retrievers–the same purpose as a lab).