1. It is day 64 of the plague here today, but maybe it’s time to reset the counter to “new normal”: I’ve made a couple of quick trips back to the office, my gym is open again (very safely)–I’ve even been to Home Depot!
2. From Kottke, a couple of articles on how quickly language is adapting to the pandemic, including a list of new slang:
- Infits – outfits worn in conditions of confinement
- Covid waltz – manoeuvring to avoid close contact with passers-by while distance restrictions are in place
3.This blew my mind:
Okay, hear me out.
– Family moves for dad’s new job
– You go to a new school where you don’t understand how anything works
– You meet a beautiful girl
– You do some drugs that the girl gives you
– The girl cheers you on as you taking your driving test
Dune is an 80’s teen movie
— Catie @ beautiful 🍑 Redaire 🍑 (@catiemonster) February 26, 2020